Wednesday, March 25, 2020

A Typical Day in ATYPICAL Time



So today's blog is about how our lives have changed during this quarantine time. TYPICALLY my Wednesdays are SO BUSY! In my family, everyone goes to work or school. I usually have a meeting after school that can run long. Then, we go to church from around 6 to 8 - we eat with our church family and stay for our various classes. And on a typical day, I might worry about catching a cold or not having enough time to get everything done or what to pack for lunch, etc.

TODAY, my husband continues to go to work, but he is working with less people because everyone can't work during this time. I left my children at home to do school work at home. I went to school (which is actually unusual during this time) to prepare devices for student check-out. BUT, instead of checking out books and teaching lessons and planning with teachers, I worked with one other person all day quickly and quietly preparing for tomorrow's curbside pick-up. And tonight, I will be participating in church from my chromebook.

I miss my typical days - but I am experiencing joy in this atypical situation. I hope that you can also find joy in the unusual circumstances during this quarantine.
Can you name one thing you are grateful for today?
Can you remember a moment today that you laughed?
Was there a moment today that you were thankful for an accomplishment or job well done?

While it's not a typical time in our lives, we can certainly look for bright spots in these atypical circumstances!


Image
A sunflower is one of my favorite flowers because it is always reaching toward the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment