Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Write Your Own Story!

A scary morning picture of my journal and me!

Good Morning! 

I hope you are doing well this morning. One of the activities I am encouraging you to start from home is to keep a journal. Yesterday we learned that school is cancelled through May 15. WOW! You might take this time to describe your reaction to that news - how did it make you feel? How did the people in your house respond? Are your feelings changing about it each day? 

Many books, both fiction and nonfiction, are written as journal or diary entries. I just finished (for the 2nd time) a Battle of the Books title I really enjoy that is written from the perspective of a fourteen-year-old girl in 1911. She runs away from her rural home to city life after her father forbids her from continuing her education and burns her most precious possessions, her 3 books. The historical fiction book is The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz. It is available through which can be accessed through the Student Access at https://www.pljcs.org/sa-6-8 or through the E-Books at http://www.ncwiseowl.org/eBooks.htm.  Check out my google classroom for password information for online reading links. I plan to update that this morning as well.

You can also check out my newest video today in google classroom. It is about my journal writing experience during this time and other information I am adding into google classroom.
Have a great day! 

2 comments: