Monday, April 20, 2020

Did You Know . . . ?

April is National Poetry Month


While looking for resources and images to share with you today, I found this article where by Terry Heick where he says the best definition of poetry he has ever heard is 

"Poetry is the extraordinary perception of the ordinary." 

Throughout this school year, we have worked on several poetry projects in the media center. I think this quote best describes what poetry give people; it gives the poet and the reader the opportunity to experience how extraordinary the ordinary aspects of daily living can be. What do you think?

Share with me and let me know!

In honor of National Poetry Month, I will begin sharing links to poems in my Media Exploration Google Classroom. Please visit there to enjoy a variety of poetry resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment