Friday, April 24, 2020

Try Something New!

BlackOut Poetry

For several years we have tried blackout poetry at FOMS. We have used old books, damaged books, falling apart books to try our hand at black-out poetry. MaryBeth Thompson introduced me to this digital blackout poetry technique, and I can't wait to give it a try! 

Mrs. Thompson follows @applesand8th on Instagram - so this is another great example of educators sharing resources to positively impact our students!

Yesterday I posted a pet haiku challenge on my Media Explorations google classroom. Today, I am posting a digital blackout poetry challenge. I know our art teacher, Mrs. Bonano, is going to make something amazing and I know my students are up to the challenge! Ms. Braswell also likes blackout poetry. I can't wait to see what everyone puts together. 

Ashley Bible offers this step-by-step instructions on creating blackout poetry in google slides which also features a video. 





No comments:

Post a Comment