Thursday, April 2, 2020

In Case Your Mama Says Stop Playing Those Video Games . . .

A child plays "Minecraft," the computer game, on his iPad. "Minecraft" is now offering educational lessons in its game. Photo: Georg Wendt/picture alliance via Getty Images 

How Can Video Games Be Educational?

I imagine some of my students have heard their parents tell them to "Stop playing those video games and do something productive!"  I might have said that same sentence yesterday at my house. 
But, just as so many companies are doing during this Quarantine 2020, Minecraft is offering free educational content for students. Check out this article for more information

My daughter was telling me that she explored Washington D.C. on Minecraft.  While many of my middle school readers probably feel they are too old for Minecraft, I hope they realize that visiting games and experiences they enjoyed as younger children doesn't mean they are immature. During this stressful time it can be calming to play games or listen to music or read picture books that we enjoyed as children. So, if you have outgrown Minecraft, revisit it today just for me and let me know what you think! 

Click on any of these articles from NEWSELA 
to read more about Video Games. 
These are great articles to explore!





"Fortnite" is the biggest video game in the world. Photograph: Epic Games 

No comments:

Post a Comment