Thursday, April 30, 2020

Last Day of April

Here is my last poetry challenge! 

Copy Change Poetry

It's hard to take a great picture
of Maisie because she is almost
always moving!
Take a poem you know and love, and borrow its structure to create your own poem. 

My dog Maisie is the inspiration for my copy change poem. Maisie is the definition of unbridled enthusiasm and unconditional love. Since she is not a small dog, sometimes her energy and exuberance are overwhelming.
My Poem

I have always love "Fog" by Carl Sandburg because he captured the nature of a cat and compared it with fog so seamlessly. I used his format to compare Maisie to a storm, since we are expecting rain and windy weather all day. Now I'm not a poet, but this is still a fun poetry exercise that anyone can try. I would recommend choosing a short poem or even song lyrics and remaking them into your own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment